Thank you Perth, for this award. I appreciate the encouragement awards bring, and it is a joy to acknowledge fellow bloggers in our community.
I encourage you to check out Perth Girl’s site, you will receive godly insight, with application, and you may even feel compelled to share in some of her yummy recipes.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Share 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the up to 11 questions the blogger
4. Nominate up to 11 bloggers and make them happy!
5. Make up to 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
6. Notify your up to 11 nominees.
11 facts about myself
- I love God, family, and community.
- Marriage is a precious gift of relationship.
- My grandson lights up my life.
- Fall is my favorite time of year.
- Sometimes there is nothing like a Good hamburger.
- I love being with others when they see possibility in their life.
- I enjoy hosting potluck gatherings in my home.
- Watching and listening to birds is a favorite way to spend time.
- Life is too short to watch or to read a poorly written story.
- I made a fall wreath for the first time, it was fun. (hot glue guns are not to be trifled with). 😉
- Fudge (for me) is always made with nuts.
Perth Girl’s Questions for me:
- Describe yourself in 3 words?
- Thankful, Joyful, Thinker
- What is the hardest lesson you have learned?
- I don’t have control, kind of an ongoing series… 😉
- If you could leave one thing behind that people will remember you by, what would that be?
- Hopefully they were encouraged that God loves them beyond imagination, and that nothing anyone can do can change His love for them. (God’s pure love and forgiveness are life producing).
- Name one book you have read more than once?
- Hinds Feet On High Places, an allegory by Hannah Hurnard. The reminders through the personification of godly verses evil is transformative.
- Have you ever conquered a fear?
- Yes, but Not once and for all. And I always need God’s help.
- What do you wish you knew more about?
- God’s Word and His Love.
- What has been the most unexpected thing you have come across in your blogging journey?
- That we have such a large community of generous and giving writers. I hoped it would be this way, but to this extent, it has exceeded my expectations. Thank you All! ♥
- What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their life?
- Receive Jesus as Lord of their life; Good news, it only has to happen once.
- Road trip or Train trip?
- Fun question, I would have to choose train trip as I have yet to ride in one.
- Favourite Tv show, ever?
- I don’t really have one, but when I was growing up, I was a big fan of the Flinstones and Bugs Bunny. 😀
- What is the best advice you ever received?
- Be yourself, you were created for a divine purpose, and God can’t use you if you’re trying to be someone else.
- For you, what is the most important character trait(s) in a person?
- For what or whom are you thankful?
- What would constitute a really good day for you?
- Who is one person that inspires you?
- Do you have a method for working through “stuck” places in your life?
- If you could go/be anywhere, where would that be?
- Have you heard any good testimonies lately? (Can include your own).
- Is there an aspect of autumn that you appreciate?
- What is your preferred style/genre of writing or reading?
- Is there a Scripture that resonates with you?
- Do you have someone in your life who makes you laugh?
Whether you participate in this award or not, just know that you have been nominated because the contribution you make to our community matters, and we are the richer because of who you are and what you share. 👏
Raising Zion: Zibah’s site is encouraging and uplifting as she shares her godly insight. She has a gift for sharing God’s Word, and a heart to see people grow in godly character.
Garden Faith: Jeanne shares beautiful flower photos with an overlay of God’s Word. Her garden analogies are beautiful, and lift the spirit.
Daily Thankful: You will be encouraged by this blogger’s transparency, gratitude, and wisdom through the ups and downs of daily living.
Drawing Closer to Christ: Dawn shares from her heart with love and wisdom, using her gift to encourage our community with God’s Word.
Every Small Voice: Heather, whom I just became acquainted with, is a busy mom with five kiddos. She writes with vulnerability that is relatable and encouraging. It is a joy to read about her beautifully unvarnished life.
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother Teresa