July 8, 2019 Joy Cottage Blog
Thank you, Matthew, for this award and for sharing your God-given gifts and talents with us, your online faith community. Please check out Matthew’s site, he is talented, knowledgeable and offers encouragement for all: https://jesusluvsall.wordpress.com/.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers and make them happy
- Make up to 11 questions and ask them to your nominees
- Notify your (up to) 11 nominees.
Eleven Facts About Jacquie
- I love God and desire to grow in Him daily.
- I am married to my best friend and the love of my life.
- I love my family, friends, community, and all the children I’ve met and have yet to meet.
- I love the fact that we get to spend four weeks with our grandson this summer.
- I enjoy reading, and usually have two – four books going at a time.
- For me, there is nothing like enjoying home and the great outdoors either with loved ones, or alone with God.
- Learning is a joy.
- Vacation is a great litmus test for how I’m progressing with a healthy lifestyle.
- There’s nothing like a good Bible study to keep my focus.
- My husband and I enjoy visiting café’s and just being together.
- Encouraging others is life for me.
Matthew’s Questions for Jacquie
1- What is your blog about? My blog is about aspects of walking this life with God, and the encouragement I find in His myriad lessons and blessings.
2- What inspired you to start blogging? I stalled out while working on the revisions for my manuscript, a devotional with modern day psalms. Encouraging others is life for me, so I began Joy Cottage blog.
3- If I visited your city, what should I see? A small agricultural town with friendly people, a lot of churches, shops, and community activities.
4- Do you prefer movies, books, or both? My answer is both as long as I see their value.
5. What is a book you have read recently that you would recommend and why? I’m currently re-reading some favorites, but a few months back I did the “Discerning the Voice of God” by Priscilla Shirer. It’s an introspective journey of examining our lives against the plumbline of His Word, love, and the way He speaks to us.
6- Where would you like to travel to and why? The east coast (it keeps going to the bottom of our travel list) beginning with: Washington DC, to visit monuments and our nation’s history, Maine, because I love coastal places, and Pennsylvania to visit Amish settlements, there are aspects of their lifestyle I enjoy.
7- What is your favorite season and why? I love all four seasons, but my favorite is the fall with all of its rich color and abundance.
8- What do you enjoy doing in your free time? It really depends how much time, and how tired I am. I enjoy reading, gardening, walking, and decorating.
9- What is your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate it? So many to choose from, but I’d have to say Thanksgiving because I focus on gratitude for God, my family, my friends, and the life I have.
10- If you could meet someone from history, who would it be and why? Ruth. Her dedication and love in the midst of her own pain inspires me. She is also a beautiful picture of how God rewards selfless, faithful people.
11- What is your favorite animal? I don’t really have one.
Something to Stu Over Stuart, I appreciate your heart for God, but second to Him, I love the Daddy’s heart you have for your children.
Planting Seeds In God’s Growing Garden Sherita, I love that you are about godly character growth, and have a heart for young people.
Africa Boy Elisha, you are a gifted writer and voice for all generations. I would love to learn more about this “missionary kid.”
My Faith Expressions Melissa, I find your encouragement to godly living the overcoming life inspirational.
Unashamed of Jesus You teach the Word with passion and inspire your readers to look to their source – Yeshua.
Jacquie’s Questions to the nominees:
- What would you say is the most important thing about you?
- What is your blog about?
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- If I visited your city, what would I see?
- A favorite author and why?
- What is something positive about your childhood?
- How would you describe God?
- Who inspires you, either living or dead?
- Do you volunteer, if so where?
- What brings you joy?
- Do you have someone whose life is an example of godly living? What about them draws you?
I am grateful for this online community, and hope that this nomination serves to encourage you to continue to be the contribution that you are. – Jacquie