Thank you Dawn of: Drawing Closer to Christ, for this lovely Sunshine Blogger Award. The first time I read your blog, I sensed a tenderness of heart toward God and His people. Your encouragement since that time has been inspirational.
Please check out her blog! Here’s one of Dawn’s recent posts: The Desires of Your Heart.
1. Use the sunshine blogger award logo
2. Give thanks to the blogger that nominated you
3. Answer the 11 questions that you’ve been asked
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions
(I have only been active a short while, so I hope you will be blessed by the 8 bloggers I have chosen).
Questions for me:
1. What’s an important lesson you’ve learned in life? The most important has to be that without love and service at the core, life has no dimension. (I’m still learning this by the way).
2. What is a good book you’ve read? So many to choose from: A Way Through The WILDERNESS, By Jamie Cunningham. It is a walk through, love, acceptance, belonging, service, and hospitality – for starters.
3. What is your favorite characteristic about yourself? I love to encourage those around me, Barnabas is a hero to me.
4. What are your hobbies? I’m not much of a hobbyist, but I do love gardening, interior design, and being with those who love to minister to children, youth, and teens.
5. Why did you start blogging? I needed an outlet for my thoughts, which I hoped would encourage others, as well as bring their insight. Beyond this, we are the family of God, and I need you all. ♥
6. What topics, if any, have you wanted to write about but haven’t because you feel your “fan base” would not approve? This is a current issue for me. I have a manuscript, a devotional with poetry that I have written. It is two years old, and it has been difficult to remain in the revisions. I have to keep telling myself that God is in this, and He will decide who is suppose to read the end product.
Are you married or single, kids or no kids? I am married to a wonderful man for almost 43 years. We have a beautiful daughter, and grandson who live in Kansas.
8. What are you passionate about and why? I am passionate about building God’s Church, His people. My husband and I do this through training children and youth ministers, so they can minister to the kids in their communities, and introduce them to Jesus, and the local church fellowship for ongoing growth in the Lord. We do this because we want to take as many with us as possible into eternity, and our heart is to see His Bride rise up and take her rightful place.
9. What is your favorite food? Any kind of green salad with lots of toppings, and BBQ ribs. 😉
10. What is one of your favorite memories? When our five-year-old grandson received Jesus into his heart.
11. If you could wake up in the morning in a different place, where would that place be? I love where I am, no place I’d rather be. I am so grateful to be able to say this. ♥
I’m nominating 8 of my connections. Participation is optional, but I want to thank you for your blogs!! I have learned, been encouraged, moved by your artistry, and or provoked to thought by your words. Thank You!
And now to the questions. I have never enjoyed answering random questions, so the fact that I enjoyed answering Dawn’s questions says a lot. So, I trust you will have a similar experience. I found that answering each of these questions helped me to think about God’s blessing in my life:
1. What’s an important lesson you’ve learned in life?
2. What is a good book you’ve read?
3. What is your favorite characteristic about yourself?
4. What are your hobbies?
5. Why did you start blogging?
6. What topics, if any, have you wanted to write about but haven’t because you feel your “fan base” would not approve?
7. Are you married or single, kids or no kids?
8. What are you passionate about and why?
9. What is your favorite food?
10. What is one of your favorite memories?
11. If you could wake up in the morning in a different place, where would that place be?