Fat Bombs are such a treat! There are many variations, but I chose to share this recipe because Fit Mom, goes all out and shares the health benefits of the ingredients she uses. These are delicious and you can keep them in the freezer door so they are ready when the sweet craving hits. For an extra rich treat, I have been known to have these with a cup of decaf containing stevia, coconut oil, and vanilla . . . yum!
Recipe type: FAT BOMB
- 6 T Butter, softened (I prefer grass-fed, such as KerryGold)
- 6 oz softened Cream Cheese
- 3 T Gentle Sweet (or the equivalent of ¼ c sugar)
- 6 scoops Powdered MCT Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ c Peanut Butter (sub almond butter for lower carbs)
- (I [Jacquie] have to add there’s no sugar in the nut butter)
- ¼ c Lily’s Chocolate Chips [I used cocoa nibs]
- Combine the butter, cream cheese, sweetener, vanilla extract and peanut butter in a bowl using a hand mixer or kitchen aid. Mix them really well, until completely combined.
- Stir in the Lily’s Chocolate Chips, then cover and freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer and use a cookie scoop to scoop cookie dough onto a wax-paper lined dish Place the cookie dough balls back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, until firm.
- When they’re completely frozen, remove the fat bombs from the freezer and place in a ziploc bag or container. Store them in the freezer until you’re ready to eat them!